Egan Nelson LLP (E/N) is a top-tier boutique law firm serving emerging and established Tech & CPG companies in the country's top emerging ecosystems *outside* of Silicon Valley. E/N has been built from the ground up by top-tier ECVC & M&A Partners and Senior Attorneys from AmLaw 100 firms who saw an opportunity to minimize the burden of institutional overhead that clients simply don't need. Egan Nelson is leading the market in delivering lean and scalable world-class legal counsel with lower overhead, but not lower standards. Our attorneys and paralegals earn compensation that is highly competitive with the AmLaw 100 at rates hundreds of dollars per hour lower than BigLaw, and with humane billable requirements and flexible work arrangements that ensure excellent quality of life.
- Mid-Level to Senior Transactional Tax Attorney. Experience at an AmLaw 200 firm required.
- Experience with tax matters relating to corporation, partnership and LLC formation and operation, taxable and tax-free mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, internal restructurings and reorganizations, as well as structuring and implementing stock option and other equity incentive plans and tax issues relevant to executive compensation.
- Options to work from firm office or remotely from home, depending on your preference. We are a "remote first" law firm that combines more conventional offices with a distributed team of lawyers that prefer more control over their schedules and work environment. We use leading collaboration technology to get work done seamlessly across our distributed team, while respecting personal autonomy and work-life balance.
- Hours and compensation are flexible, with a culture that heavily prioritizes work-life balance. Compensation competitive with AmLaw 100 firms, with a base salary and quarterly bonuses.
- This will be a part-time position (10-20 billed hours weekly), with the option to transition to full-time long-term if mutually desired.
- We are location agnostic, as long as the attorney is not located in California. We currently have professionals in Austin, Dallas, Houston, Seattle, NYC, Denver, Boise, and Washington D.C. The firm will cover the cost of a co-working office space (at a location of the attorney's choice) if the attorney prefers an office setting for their work environment.
Our culture: E/N has grown sustainably and profitably over nearly a decade to address one core issue: both clients and lawyers are tired of having to choose between (i) firms with stratospheric rates and overhead designed for billion-dollar multi-national companies, and (ii) firms completely lacking scalability and credibility. With a top-tier roster of paralegals, attorneys, and partners, and a curated specialist network and technology platform for flexibly delivering "full service," we're building the lean 21st century law firm for emerging companies who need world class counsel, but not the many other costs that traditional law firms package along with it.