Egan Nelson LLP (E/N) is a top-tier boutique law firm serving emerging and established Tech & CPG companies in the country's top emerging ecosystems *outside* of Silicon Valley. E/N has been built from the ground up by top-tier ECVC & M&A Partners and Senior Attorneys from AmLaw 100 firms who saw an opportunity to minimize the burden of institutional overhead that clients simply don't need. Egan Nelson is leading the market in delivering lean and scalable world-class legal counsel with lower overhead, but not lower standards. Our attorneys and paralegals earn compensation that is highly competitive with the AmLaw 100 at rates hundreds of dollars per hour lower than BigLaw, and with humane billable requirements and flexible work arrangements that ensure excellent quality of life.
- Mid-Level to Senior Commercial and Technology Transactions Attorney position. Significant experience assisting with licensing agreements, distribution agreements, manufacturing agreements, and terms of service (among similar agreements) required.
- Options to work from firm office or remotely from home, depending on your preference. We are a "remote first" law firm that combines more conventional offices with a distributed team of lawyers that prefer more control over their schedules and work environment. We use leading collaboration technology to get work done seamlessly across our distributed team, while respecting personal autonomy and work-life balance.
- Hours and compensation are flexible, with a culture that heavily prioritizes work-life balance. Compensation competitive with AmLaw 100 firms, with a base salary and quarterly bonuses. Partner track is 1600-1800 hrs annually for full-time attorneys. A 4th yr earns $250K at 1600 hrs in total compensation, and $280k at 1800 hrs. A 6th yr earns $300k at 1600 hrs, and $340k at 1800 hrs.
- E/N generously rewards origination and client management, including for non-partners. Our lean platform has proven extremely successful at helping ambitious lawyers with business development, particularly with companies who see the traditional law firm model as outdated and overpriced.
- Full-time or Part-time acceptable, in all cases with flexible schedules an option.
- We are location agnostic, as long as the attorney is not located in California. We currently have professionals in Austin, Dallas, Houston, Seattle, NYC, Denver, Boise, and Washington D.C. The firm will cover the cost of a co-working office space (at a location of the attorney's choice) if the attorney prefers an office setting for their work environment.
Our culture: E/N has grown sustainably and profitably over nearly a decade to address one core issue: both clients and lawyers are tired of having to choose between (i) firms with stratospheric rates and overhead designed for billion-dollar multi-national companies, and (ii) firms completely lacking scalability and credibility. With a top-tier roster of paralegals, attorneys, and partners, and a curated specialist network and technology platform for flexibly delivering "full service," we're building the lean 21st century law firm for emerging companies who need world class counsel, but not the many other costs that traditional law firms package along with it.